Revolution for dogs 20-40kg
- Topical, once-a-month parasiticide for dogs.
- Provides systemic treatment against a broad spectrum of external and internal parasites.
Revolution® (selamectin) is indicated for use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites ( see separate page for cat indications):
- Fleas: for the treatment, control and prevention of flea (Ctenocephalides spp) infestations and control of flea allergy dermatitis. Adult fleas are killed for one month following administration of Revolution® according to the recommended dosing schedule. Additionally, flea eggs exposed to Revolution® are not viable and flea larvae in the treated animal’s surroundings are killed or prevented from developing to adults.
- Heartworm: prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
- Sarcoptic Mange: treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
- Ear mites: treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
- Broad-spectrum protection against internal and external parasites.
- Excellent safety profile:
- Revolution® is unscheduled and is not a pesticide or poison
- Demonstrated to be well tolerated in over 100 different pure and mixed dog breeds
- Can be used in puppies from 6 weeks of age
- May be used in breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches
- No adverse effects noted when used in heartworm positive dogs
- Kills adult fleas, prevents flea eggs from hatching and either kills or prevents the development of flea larvae into pupae
- Reduces the signs of flea allergic dermatitis without the need for supplementary environmental flea control measures.
- Convenient, easy to apply monthly application.
- Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
- Waterfast only 2 hours after application.
- Available in 5 convenient dosage sizes for dogs in non-drip disposable tubes.
- Available in 5 separate dose strengths for dogs of different weights (see Dosage and Administration).
- Revolution® for puppies and kittens (15mg selamectin / tube) is available in cartons containing 3 or 15 single-dose tubes. Each tube will treat puppy of up to 2.5kg.
- Revolution® for dogs is available in cartons containing 3 or 6 single-dose tubes.
- Revolution® is also available for cats.
- Hold tube upright.
- Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
- Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
- Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
- Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
- Ensure tube is empty.
- The recommended dose is 6 mg selamectin/kg of body weight. For dogs greater than 40kg, the appropriate combination of tubes should be used.
- While the number of circulating D.immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution® is not effective against adult D. immitis.
Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
- In humans, may be irritating to eyes – contact should therefore be avoided.
- Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
- Keep out of reach of children.